Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Cuisine
Celebrating July 4, 2013
Colorful firework displays, family cookouts, and celebrating the freedom of America are just a few of the many things we love about the Fourth of July. Whether you are at the sunny beaches of Florida or bustling city of New York there is so much to see and do to celebrate Independence Day in the United States.
Fourth of July is less than a month away and it is not too late for some last minute deals on hotels in popular destinations. Among some of the best places to spend the holiday include some of our favorites:
- New York City to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, The Empire State Building or the 911 Memorial .
Search guaranteed lowest hotel prices in New York City. Click here to get started.
Find fun July 4th Events and summer festivals in New York here.
- Philadelphia, PA to see the Liberty Bell, the Betsy Ross House or other historical locations. Check Philadelphia hotels here. Find fun July 4th Events and summer festivals in Pennsylavania.
- Washington D.C. allows you to see all of the nation’s monuments.The Washington Monument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, Vietnam Memorial and Arlington National Cemetery to honor those who gave their lives for our freedom. DC hotels are here. Find fun July 4th Events and summer festivals in The DC Area here.
- South Dakota is another inspirational Fourth of July destination to honor our past Presidents. Mount Rushmore which hosts over 3 million visitors a year.These are just a few of the “hot spots” to travel and celebrate the anniversary of our nation’s independence. Find fun July 4th Events and summer festivals in South Dakota. Destination Cuisine has some great deals on travel plans for various places to celebrate the holiday including New York City, Boston, and Chicago. Fourth of July is one of the busiest travel times of the year and there are some still some great travel deals out there.
If staying local is on your agenda for 2013, there are plenty of great ways to celebrate Independence Day. If looking to host a party for the national holiday here is a great recipe that is quick, easy, and scrumptious. Bring this easy Fruit Tart Recipe to the fourth of July party or use it to cap off a great menu.
Tropical Fruit Tart Recipe
Some easy Fourth of July menu ideas include:
- Grilled Burgers and hot dogs, kicked up with a homemade relish bar such as onion relish, cayenne ketchup and a garlic aioli (just tell the men in your life it’s mayonnaise- they will never know the difference).
- BBQ Pork Shoulder – let the grill do all the work while you have all of the fun.
- Crab Boil with potatoes, onions, corn cob and your choice of seafood or shellfish.
- Lighter Side Menu consisting of roasted beet and goat cheese salad over greens, fresh fruit, Edamame Salad with cranberries and feta cheese and mini quiche.
Planning a Fourth of July Road Trip
Aside from traditional cookouts that take place, there are plenty of other activities all over the country to satisfy couples, families, singles and interests of every kind. Many cities and towns across the country have parades that have become a tradition of their own. There are firework displays in virtually every city in America. With the events of the year thus far, we have plenty of reasons to celebrate our independence and those that protect us everyday. Enjoy this Fourth of July with family and friends and be thankful for Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Cuisine.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.